Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Part of the Family



She became a part of our family 6 years ago. I remember when she was still very small, she would always go around stealing slippers through her mouth. She would also go find ways on how to climb on the bed, like going in a series of objects just to get up to it. She also knows how to open the screen door. She's one very smart dog.

It's hard to believe that she's gone now. She was very strong, she rarely gets sick, but two days before she died, she was suddenly acting up, her heart rate was beating quite fast and her panting was like she was having a hard time to breathe. The vet said it was a complication with her heart or lungs, I don't know I wasn't there when she was brought to the vet.

On February 14, 2010 at around morning she died. I was awake at the time but was still in bed, until I heard my mom crying. I instantly got up from bed and went to see what was happening. At the living room she laid dead. Her tongue was sticking out, eyes open but no more life emanating on it.

It was unexpected... and so fast. She was so lively, but now she's gone and on Valentine's Day even. Somehow it kind of relates to the movie "Marley & Me" because you know, some people really treat their dogs as if they were people... a part of the family.

Memories are cherished and I will never forget her. Our five dogs now only four and she was the biggest among them and she may not be a pure breed or mix breed of any sort but we love her.

No comments: